Skip to main content

A girl with playful personality

MSC archived stories - October 31, 2021

Karol's favorite things to do are to dance, sing and play with her friends. And she wants to be a great singer and professional dancer.

At age 9, her playfulness struck a chord with me of a famous Hollywood actress named, Drew Barrymore, who appeared on a TV chat show when she was just 7yrs old. [youtu.be/cuZq6nqohT8]

I wrote to Karol today quoting some of the words exchanged between little Drew and the host during that show – goggle, telephone, flipper, desk, retainer, teeth, cavities, ceiling, shoes.

I'm hoping Karol’s personality will shine through as she figures the odd one out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbyes to MSC

MSC archived stories -  March 16, 2025 I haven't been able to publish anything on MSC recently when I became a carer for my elderly parents (whist on a full-time job). It makes me wonder how privileged are we to come and share stories of our sponsored children in the safest home of CI, MSC. Yes, when you're here life truly takes you to another level, leaving behind our ups and downs of the day… a therapeutic support indeed! I hate to contemplate the imminent shutting down of MSC for good, so to reminisce just started to archive my own stories, including shared comments, of course [ chelakablog.blogspot.com ] as best I can. I hope to be able to complete this task by next Sunday. If anyone can scavenge any interesting discussions on the message boards please do let me know, so I can try and archive them separately. Farewell and best wishes for the FB Group.

Pause for Thought! – The value of sponsorship

MSC archived stories - March 2, 2019 As we know the sponsorship does not demand us to write, send special needs or extra gifts to our children, but being a "silent" sponsor does your monthly contribution bring real value (for money) – especially if you live outside the USA, you or CI don't even get tax benefits of your charitable donation? Is this because most sponsors can't afford anymore than the monthly fee to sponsor a child or trust CI so much that they do not feel needing to play an active role in their sponsored child(ren)'s lives to have an impact?   The sponsorship rewards both sponsor and the child through exchange of letters. Then we have social media platforms, like MSC to share our experiences with fellow sponsors – all can be done for free and bring closer understanding of each other and building friendships for life!   But above all sponsorship motivates your child to attend their community center more often not only for letter reading/writing but a...

DP to Zambia

MSC archived stories -  January 18, 2025 Usually the turnaround time for DP is 4 weeks. It's been a month to next Sunday (Jan 26th) since UPS collected and successfully delivered my DPs to Dulce and the twins. Two years later, last night Simon appeared in my profile as a grown up man. As we aren't getting follow up photos from Zambia anymore, for the first time thought trying DPs to Faith and Simon there, so they will have to come to CC to collect it, where the staff will have a camera to take photos. I remember Zambia used to have the whole family gatherings for EG photoshoot out. So, are there anything special they would be more excited receiving? For example, a football or cricket bat & ball set for Simon, and for Faith.. (no idea!.. may be something to make her elegant hairstyle she has in the latest photo..?). Help me make the list, of course, I don't want to make staff jealous