Skip to main content

New DP destination

MSC archived stories - December 26, 2024

Just had 2 packages prepared for Dulce and Joana & Ixayana and waiting for UPS to collect today. They are my trusted courier choice, and expecting delivery within 1-3 days. Mexico is not new to me but first time sending a package to Colombia. I had queries about the address given to me but after a quick chat with Rebekah in CT yesterday, she managed to contact the agency straightaway and got it corrected for me. Thank you!

A lot of thoughts went into planning the gifts, and I hope they will like it, especially the twins' one is designed around a theme... (see if you can guess from the photo). Will share their reaction when I get the follow-up photos.

Comments

  1. Lisa_8e8c5
    Wow! I am excited for them to receive their packages. Can't wait to see the pictures when they see your gifts to them!

    December 27, 2024

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DP to Zambia

MSC archived stories -  January 18, 2025 Usually the turnaround time for DP is 4 weeks. It's been a month to next Sunday (Jan 26th) since UPS collected and successfully delivered my DPs to Dulce and the twins. Two years later, last night Simon appeared in my profile as a grown up man. As we aren't getting follow up photos from Zambia anymore, for the first time thought trying DPs to Faith and Simon there, so they will have to come to CC to collect it, where the staff will have a camera to take photos. I remember Zambia used to have the whole family gatherings for EG photoshoot out. So, are there anything special they would be more excited receiving? For example, a football or cricket bat & ball set for Simon, and for Faith.. (no idea!.. may be something to make her elegant hairstyle she has in the latest photo..?). Help me make the list, of course, I don't want to make staff jealous 

A step in a higher level journey

Estephanie is my former sponsored child through Children International, whom I cared for four and a half years since she was just 6yrs old. She is a gifted and bright child brought up in a loving family of four in Guatemala. Her abrupt departure from the sponsorship program in June 2019 was totally unexpected, even though I was acutely aware of their situation in the family a s well as the city leading up to this moment. Estephanie is not just any sponsored child, but someone who changed my life forever devoting to children in need. For that reason, I call her ‘my miracle little princess’ and she calls me ‘padrino’ (her godfather). In August 2020, fourteen months after her leaving CI, we met again and reunited with the family. It was our momentous encounter of this lifetime. The family has moved on leaving everything behind to start a new life abroad. More importantly , I was fortunate enough to see Estephanie growing up fast in a new world since I last saw her back home. At age...

Hypersonic CP with a challenge from Guayaquil

Crossing between London and New York would take about 8hrs by subsonic flight, but the Concorde used to make it supersonically in 3.5hrs – 44% of normal time. In comparison, I learned this week that the new way of electronic communication between me and Aaron surprisingly took only 23 days – 25% of usual 90 days for a CP (child response letter) to arrive at hypersonic speed!! I asked Aaron (age 12) to try some fun activities and challenges during this time, among them was to find 26 items that begin with every letter of the English alphabet in his house. Interestingly he came up with Spanish words as opposed to English. He admitted.. “It was a little difficult for me to find the objects of the alphabet but I managed it.” | A : árbol (tree) | B : baño (bathroom) | C : cama (bed) | D : dormitorio (bedroom) | E : espejo (mirror) | F : frutas (fruits) | G : gatos (cats) | H : hilos (thread) | I : inodoro (toilette) | J : jabón (soap) | K : ?? | L : lana (wool) | M : máquina (machine) | ...